You deserve to know who you work with. Get to know our staff. Read up on our qualifications. We don’t claim to be the best at everything. So learn about our strengths and weaknesses. The best relationships begin with understanding what to expect from your consultant.
Get Your FREE Technical Briefing
Learn about the technical risks before you commit to a project.
Nicholas Barczak, PE
- 10+ years experience in naval architecture
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Experienced in advanced engineering analysis
- Experienced in research and development
I started DMS because I believe a naval architect should care about more than earning revenue from the next contract. My first concern is always making a better ship. Whether that means more efficient, faster, easier to operate . . . every ship should be on a perpetual quest of improvement.
- A traditional tall ship sailor.
- A geek who thinks ships are awesome.
- An idealist who wants boats to be even more awesome!
- I love to be outdoors: on the water, backpacking, or camping.
P.E. State of Washington
P.E. State of Texas
P.E. State of Michigan
Masters of Engineering in Naval Architecture and Small Craft Design
June, 2008: University of Southampton, U.K.
Over a decade of experience in maritime consulting.
- Small workboats
- Tugs / Towboats / Pushboats
- Fishing vessels
- Military craft
- Barges – various types
- Research vessels
- Passenger vessels
- Polar class vessels
- Offshore oil and gas
- Innovative concepts
- Much more.
- Composites (fiberglass, carbon fiber, aramid, etc.)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics 95% 95%
- Finite Element Analysis 90% 90%
- Stability Analysis 98% 98%
- Computer Automation 90% 90%
- Seakeeping / Mooring Analysis 87% 87%
- Structural Design / Analysis 85% 85%
- Vessel Design 80% 80%
Want to Learn More
Ready to discuss your next project. DMS is ready to join your team.